A caregiver can apply to stay permanently in Canada if he has stayed in the country for two or greater years on a temporary work allow.
If you’re a caregiver, there are three methods wherein you may practice for a piece allow primarily based on the type of work you’ve got accomplished,
Taking care of children (pilot)
The occupations coming below this category consist of baby caretaker, live-in caregiver or a nanny. They should come underneath the category NOC 4411.
- You must have experienced two years of working within the last 4 years spent in Canada as a home childcare provider.
- You need to have the Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 5 in English as well as French in talking, writing, studying and listening.
- You must have completed at the least a 12-months secondary schooling in Canada or some other foreign country equivalent to Canada.
Put in mind this program is will expire in November 2019 and is presently undergoing assessment by means of the federal government
Taking care of individuals with medical needs
The occupations coming below this are as follow:
- Nurses and psychiatric nurses coming below NOC 3012.
- Practical nurses certified under NOC 3233.
- Patient carrier pals, nurse aides, orderlies coming beneath NOC 3413.
- Home help workers and occupations associated with it. The occupation does no longer encompass housekeepers and associated ones (NOC 4412)
If you fall underneath any of the above classes, you must have a 2-year working experience within the last 4 years of your stay in Canada and have to have a work permit in Canada.
If you have a work experience in Canada as a Nurse or Psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) then you need to have Canadian Language Benchmark of stage 7 in English or French in speaking, reading, writing and listening.
If you have work experience in Canada in some other category cited above, you must have a Canadian Language Benchmark of degree five (5) in talking, writing, analyzing and listening.
You should have finished at the least 12-months publish-secondary training in Canada or some other foreign country equal to Canada.
There are still caregivers dwelling in Canada who’re eligible for this category. However, application for this program has been terminated since the year 2014.
For you to be eligible;
- You ought to have an experience for operating as a stay-in caregiver for 2 years,
- You have to have finished 3900 hours of full-time employment within twenty-two months.
Bear in mind that the work experience needs to be within the first four years of your stay in Canada.